Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Baby steps and BIG inspiration


On Saturday, our friend Trina asked if we would come and cheer her on for her 5km run. Of course we would (with signs too - that's me on the right with two heads). I have been on the cusp of a lifestyle change for awhile now, but let me tell you... watching Trina, who I know has worked so hard over this last year run the 5 km was inspiring (and so were the other women I know from all sorts of other places) - so, tonight I joined her at Boot Camp where I worked harder than I have in a long time. I have always considered myself a fit person - always being the me before children. I, like many other moms just forgot about me, and what I need to feel good. No more. I pledge, to take the time I need to be ME. I am sore all over, but I feel wonderful. I feel like I am on the way to myself again. So, I thank you Trina, and my sister... for inspiring me to feel good again.


1 comment:

  1. Way to go Peggy :) As mom's we do forget about ourselves, we put the kids first, and soon we are too tired to take care of ourselves. Soon your going to have this wonderful gift of extra energy....I think that's one of the best parts about getting fit...the energy...to not feel so dang tired all the time.

    GO PEGGY GO :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete